I have recently been wondering a lot about how I interact with my readers. Each reader I gain is precious to me, because you all allow me to pursue my dream of writing for money. So, I want to be the absolute best I can when it comes to my interactions with you.
So far, I haven't had any complaints. I think folks find me pretty approachable, and I plan to keep it that way. Still, I'm not moving the number of books I'd like to, and I think this is mainly a problem of exposure- that is, I'm not effectively getting my books in front of the all the people who would be interested.
Here's what I do now:
- Blogs (2)
- Personal Appearances/Events
- Passing out bookmarks to anyone who'll take them.
And so, I embark upon yet another creative Hot MAMA venture: The Hot MAMA Street Team. I want to assemble the avid readers, the die-hard book fans, to start a kind of whisper campaign to bring new readers to this group. Why? There really isn't a more effective way of spreading the word about a good book than word of mouth. I know- I have heard people going on and on about Twilight and Fifty Shades. :)
- Pass out bookmarks/promo items when you are out and about.
- Talk up the group, and our blog.
- Recommend our books to other readers you think might enjoy them.
- Promote our upcoming events, like the 2014 Fly Hat Society Luncheon, in person and via social media.
We are only accepting (10) members per state, so get on the good foot! Send an email to me at kiannaalexanderATgmailDOTcom and let me know where you live, why you want to be on the street team, and your t-shirt size. We will launch the street team with an online party this summer, so get in while the getting's good!
Until Next Time,