Hot Reads

Friday, April 26, 2013

Take it back to One

This year has had a lot of ups and downs for me so far. Strange considering it's only April. Yikes! The one thing that comforts me is the writing and my readers. You always pull me through when I start to doubt myself. For that, I can't thank you all enough.

So the bad. One of my publishers just sent out an e-mail to us readers that they're closing in June. :( So the homes of many of my novellas will be going away. The good news? I think I'm going to go with my strengths and rework the stories to make them BDSM (the stories that aren't already BDSM). I like the idea of pushing myself to kink up these stories. Stay tuned for that.

The REALLY good news. I've done a lot of in-person events this year: Linda Rae's Ladies Night Out, Desired Beauty Expo, Hot M.A.M.A.s Fly Hat Luncheon, and Stylelicious where the amazing Derek Hough from "Dancing With the Stars" made an appearance. Sigh. I might have to use him for inspiration for one of my heroes. Rawrrrr!

The bad news. Myself and fellow author and friend Yvette Hines had planned to write a two-author contemporary interracial BDSM erotic romance anthology for the publisher that's now closing. We had big plans for the release. The really great news: the stories are still going to come out, bigger and better than ever. Although I can't talk about what we're planning yet, you all will be very, VERY surprised and, hopefully, very happy! Can't wait to share the news.

I also have a lot of stuff going on personally. It's because of that that I've had to back out of not one but two in-person event. I was going to attend a group book signing event in Richmond with author Tina Glasneck. The one that hurts the most is I had to back out of this year's Romance Slam Jam happening in Milwaukee. I love doing Romance Slam Jam and I had planned on doing a workshop with Yvette Hines on writing with all the senses. The senses I was going to cover were sight and touch. And, yes, I was going to incorporate BDSM into my presentation. I've sent Yvette my notes and having something special mailed to her. If you're going to Romance Slam Jam this year, be sure to check out that workshop.

Other than that, I'm writing my behind off. I'm working on a contemporary, interracial BDSM erotic romance novel called Licorice Whips for Phaze Books that will be out in ebook and print in November. I'm working on another contemporary interracial BDSM erotic romance for another publisher. Be patient. I'm working on stuff for you readers. I promise.

Okay, I have to go. Stay tuned for an exciting announcement soon.

Stay sexy,

BridgeT
www.BridgetMidway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment