Hot Reads

Friday, July 10, 2015

Preparing for Tomorrow's #FlyHatEvent

Tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for. The Hot M.A.M.A.s will be taking Greensboro by storm during our Fly Hat Society Meet & Greet.

I'm super-excited about the event. As one of the two newest M.A.M.A.s, this will be my first in-person event with the group. So not only am I looking forward to meeting you, dear reader, I'm also looking forward to meeting most of the other M.A.M.A.s for the first time.

It'll be easy to spot me. I'll be the one fan-girling over my fellow authors who looks totally out of place in a big ol', Sunday-morning-first-row-of-church hat. In fact, you should have seen the look on my adult son's face yesterday when I tried on hats for the event. One eyebrow cranked to the ceiling, jaw down to the floor.

Priceless.

At least I got a good laugh out of it. In the end, I picked two hats and I'll make my final decision tonight. Still, it'll be fun to step outside of my regular, low-key, ain't-nothing-to-see-here approach and take on the big hat persona. ('Cause a big hat definitely deserves its own persona.)

For the past two days I've been ticking items off my to-do list in preparation for tomorrow's Meet & Greet.

Dress? Check.

Shoes? Check.

Book cover graphics? Check.

Awesome giveaways? Check.

Fly hat? Double check.

Looks like I'm ready to go. Hope you are, too. :-)

Tomorrow will be a fun-filled, free event for lovers of multicultural romance. Great readers and authors. Yummy food. And, of course, lots of fun and plenty of laughter. I can't wait to connect with you tomorrow in Greensboro at the Greensboro Central Library on North Church Street from 2-6 PM.

Still on the fence about coming? Above is a sneak peek at some of the goodies you could win tomorrow, either in the fly hat contest, or by signing up for my Reese Ryan VIP Mailing List.

See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment