Hot Reads

Monday, August 10, 2015

Beautiful hats, beaches and books!

What better way to kick off the summer than with fly hats, readers and books. The Hot MAMAs spent a wonderful day in Greensboro, NC with readers. The Fly Hat Society Meet and Greet was a huge success with hats in a multitude of colors and styles. Thanks to the Greensboro Central Library for putting up with us. I had the honor of joining some of my favorite authors, Bridget Midway, Cheris Hodges, Iris Bolling, Kianna Alexander, Loretta Walls, Reese Ryan, Yvette Hines and even Altonya Washington who was unable to attend sent a video. I think I can speak for all of the authors when I say we are so thankful for our readers. As the summer moved forward I headed to Myrtle Beach to hang out with A.C Arthur at her beach bash. What better way to spend the day and nights than at the beach with sun, sand, readers and books. We had so much fun. I hadn’t laughed so hard in a very long time. From the hula hoop contest where my old school self showed the new school how it’s done to the grown and sexy hour hosted by Yvette Hines, Bridget Midway and Sienna Mynx . Even the battle of the sexes where Cheris Hodges and I faced off with Keith Thomas and Roy Glen and yes, before anyone ask, the women won! I needed help though. My questions were really hard. Who cares what the voltage of a car battery is anyway. I know how to jump one. Hehehe. I found out later the men didn’t know either. I can’t wait to find out what the coming months will bring forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment