Hot Reads

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Bonus Post: Celebrate Your Awesome

Hey, y'all,
Now, normally, we don't do this...
LOL. Every now and then we shake things up and deviate from the regular schedule. Just keepin' it fresh, folks.
Today, I want to talk about all the things we do as women. A lot of you know exactly what I'm talking about. We hold down our careers, keep our households running, raise children, and love and care for a mate. If that wasn't enough, we are then awesome sisters, friends, and confidantes to the people around us- always providing a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to cry on.
It really is amazing when you stop and think of all the things we do. How can we forget this iconic magazine cover, or dispute the truth of it?
Bottom Line: We do a LOT!
But what amazes me even more than how MUCH we do, is how little credit we tend to give ourselves. I know this is very true for me. Confessional Moment here: I am a perfectionist. There are times when I'm just not satisfied with what I've achieved in a day, or in general. In these moments I feel inadequate, anxious. I compare my home's level of cleanliness to what I see in a magazine, or my wild and impetuous kids to someone else's docile and obedient ones. I shake my head that my writing career isn't as far along as I want it to be.

You know what they say. The first step to solving a problem, is realizing there is one. So, I'm taking a pledge for myself, and if you struggle with perfectionism, maybe you'll join me. I'm going to step back, stop counting the things I didn't do, and look at those I did. My children are beautiful, inquisitive, and well cared for. My house reflects the love and fun that occurs inside it everyday. And my writing career is going where it's meant to go- I can see the shift happening all around me. Things are lining up just fine.

So celebrate your awesome. When you have done your best, leave things alone and treat yourself. Get a massage. Grab a giant chocolate bar and bottle of your favorite wine. Veg out on the couch with an awesome book. However you do it, celebrate the beauty of who you are, and everything you are to the people in your life.


Until Next Time,
Kianna

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Kianna. As women we do a lot. Sometimes the number of responsibilities we have is mind-boggling. Like you, I struggle with being a perfectionist. Sometimes to the point of analysis paralysis. I always appreciate reminders like this.

    ReplyDelete