Hot Reads

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's your resolution?

Happy New Year, all!

I know I'm about two weeks late, but hey, as long as I still have neighbors with their Christmas decorations up (Yes, I really still do have some neighbors with wreaths on their doors and lights up) then I can still wish you all a Happy New Year!

With the New Year comes the inevitable question, "What's your New Year's Resolution?" What is it that you resolve to do differently or better or not as often in the new year? It's as thought January 1st holds this magical power to erase past wrongs and allow you to start fresh, start anew. For us dieters, it's the ultimate Sunday. Anyone else like me who is constantly promising myself to exercise more and eat right on Sunday whenever we fall off the wagon during the week knows what I'm talking about.

I don't know about any other author, for me as a writer, I take the New Year as a challenge. I want to be a better writer. So my resolution is to read more. I have always said that to be a great writer you have to be a voracious reader. It can't all be fiction books either. I'm reading how-to books, as in how to create great character emotions, how to improve my writing, how to write winning heroes and heroines. If I continue writing the same type of stories, I'll get bored as a writer. I always want to challenge myself.

So what does that all mean? Kittens, you may see some different type of fiction from me, some stuff that you may say, "Did Bridget Midway write that?" Or I could come out with another pen name to release some different stuff. Still mulling it around in my head. Just know that my hibernation is over. I'm back out to play, and I'm not going back in when the streetlights come on either.

So what's your New Year's resolution? If you don't have one, why don't you have one? Authors, what are your plans for the new year?

True to my word, I need to cut this short so that I can get some writing done.

Stay sexy,

BrideT
www.BridgetMidway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment