Hot Reads

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Better Late Than...

Okay, so I'm a bit behind on my blog posts. It's been a wild and crazy year for me so far, and it's only April(well, it's April when this blog posts).

When I thought about what to talk about, I thought about my writing career. My first release came out April 2005. It was a futuristic erotic romance with white characters, believe it or not. "Adam and E-V-E" started it all. Hard to believe that the story started off as a 850-word, innocent short story. It's also hard to believe that as an author known for writing interracial BDSM erotic romance started off writing futuristic and regular (if you can call them regular) contemporary erotic romances.

When I started writing, all I knew was that I wanted to write. It didn't matter what type of story. Well, that's not entirely true. I knew I wanted to write romances. I LOVE romances. Even when I was a kid, I loved watching those old romantic movies, even the black-and-white ones. I loved seeing a couple battle each other, eventually get together, fall in love, break apart, then get back together again. It just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside to watch the progression.

That's what I loved about my latest release, Woman in Chains. This is a contemporary, interracial, BDSM erotic romance about a former Dom who saves abused slaves and submissives. He saves one who is owned by the Dom who took his former submissive. As you can see, they clearly have some obstacles to overcome. Once they get together, mmm, is it magic.

That's what I look for in a read. I want the couple to have a huge obstacle to overcome and then find each other in the end. It's what life is all about, right?

So if I could give advice to yet-to-be-published authors that is to enjoy writing. Once you're published, you may get the feeling you're working at writing your next book. Never see it as work. Always remember how fun it is to write and create a story. If you remember that, then you'll have a long, happy career.

Speaking of long, happy careers, I have to go. Enjoy your next read!

Stay sexy,

BridgeT
www.BridgetMidway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment