Hot Reads

Monday, August 4, 2014

Sharing Ideas


Readers always ask where I get ideas for my stories. That’s easy. Everyday life! It’s funny how things
we do as part of a normal routine generates story ideas. Walking down the street. People I meet. Things I hear and see. All of those things trigger ideas for my books. I even have a bad habit of people watching and eavesdropping. You’d be surprised at the things I’ve overheard and seen. But lately I've been forced to step outside my comfort zone to do something spontaneous and different, write stories my readers requested.
The biggest suggestions I hear is for more stories about regular, everyday folks with blue collar jobs. After all… they need love too! And the second, to create more stories in my favorite location, Sheraton Beach, DE, an oceanfront town in Delaware only minutes from Rehoboth Beach and the home of the Beaumont family. Since then I have written several spinoff stories where readers can revisit the town again and again. And as requested, this will be the location of my newest release, Time for Pleasure.
The idea for this novella was quite interesting. I bought a refrigerator and the deliveryman sounded so sexy on the phone I shared my peaked curiosity with my facebook family. Friends and Readers asked for details… and a story was born.
Life has truly been an open book. I can't wait to see how the next chapter unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment