Hot Reads

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Superbowl Stunner!!!







Well the Superbowl is over- thank goodness! If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know that I really got involved in this game. What you may not know is that I don’t follow football on the regular. Not via the NFL anyway. My son has been a student of the game since he was 6 so I follow the sport in that capacity for much of the year. I used to be a more avid viewer- the San Francisco 49ers continue to be my favorite team. Of course since I discovered a family that goes by the name of Ramsey I’ve been a big fan of the Seattle Seahawks as Seattle is where the Ramseys hail from.

I was asked to do a commentary on the game and must admit I am woefully unqualified for this job. My author buddy Cheris Hodges would probably be a much better commentator, but I’ll do my best to provide a little recap. I observe the game as a parent but otherwise infrequent spectator. However, I know enough about the sport to question the strange call made by the Coach during the final seconds of the game. Long story short, the Quarterback threw a pass when he probably should have run the ball into the end zone, my Seattle folks lost the biggest game of the year and I just about lost my voice yelling some pretty unsavory comments at the TV. And let's not forget the ugly brawl that took place moments after the Seahawks
realized all was lost- yeah...it was quite a night!

Overall, this year’s biggest game was one of the best I’d seen in years. Full of highs and lows, lots of occasions to cheer and a surprisingly good Halftime show. Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott came out to lend their talents to Katy Perry’s performance- it was very enjoyable not to mention all the delicious snacks I made sure were on hand to enhance the night.


Hopefully my 49ers will be next on the big stage to duke it out. ‘Til next year folks!

3 comments:

  1. I watch a lot of football and basketball and I'm normally excited about the Super Bowl. After the Green Bay collapse to Seattle (still scratching my head over that) and Deflategate, I'd lost every ounce of interest I had in the game...except for Katy Perry's halftime show. That I was looking forward to, and she did not disappoint.

    I'd finally gotten excited in the final minute and a half because Seattle was marching down the field and then...they throw the ball on the 1-yard line. Seriously? *headdesk* Maybe I should start watching futbol instead.

    PS: Is it just me or are the Super Bowl commercials getting worse every year. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reese!
    Yeah my son is a HUGE Packers Fan and was very upset by that loss. He was highly dissapointed in the way the game turned out, but overall it was a very good game. The Halftime show was extremely good!

    P.S. I agree, the commercials were very sub-par this year. Honorable mentions- The Empower Commercials, the Chevy Colorado commercial. The Fiat Commercial and the one that Bryant and Katie did. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craziest game ever. It was right down to the last second, and somewhat exciting. The best part for me was the running commentary on social media...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete