Hot Reads

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Strutting Like a Peacock

   Last weekend, I went to the mall, strutting like a runway model in my hat. I’m serious. I decided I might as well get my strut on before the Fly Hat Society Luncheon. Besides, Mama needed a new pair of shoes.
   I slipped on skinny jeans, a black tunic sweater, and my beautiful hat. Oh yeah. I don’t want to spoil the surprise with the color and style, but let’s just say heads were turning as I sashayed down the mall’s corridors. Hee-Hee!
   I tell you… the things this sistah will do for attention.
   I stepped into my favorite store, walked up to a sales associate, struck a pose, and said, “I need a pair of shoes to match this hat.” She was so young the first thing that came to mind was, she don’t know nothing about this. Our grandmothers have been showcasing fine hats for generations! Church services, social gatherings, picnics, and teas.
  The twenty-something chick grinned knowingly then replied, “Follow me.”
I tried on five pairs of shoes yet none of them had the look I wanted and with these size 11 feet, stock was limited.
  Disappointed, I left and went into several other stores, only to leave increasingly frustrated and wondering would I ever find the right pair. I was on my way out to the parking lot when I spotted a pair of stilettoes in the window that were so perfect, I accidently bit my tongue. I walked in, holding my mouth while pointing at the display in the window. I had to have them. You should have seen me dancing when I discovered they had my size. I was so excited, I wore those shoes home.
   If you haven’t already bought your ticket for the Fly Hat Society Luncheon then you better hurry because we’re almost sold out. I guarantee it’s an event you won’t want to miss.
   See you there, and don’t forget your hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment