Hot Reads

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Funny Things Happened on the Way to My New Series

Detour courtesy of spiicy tuna
Several months ago I was here, excitedly chatting about a new series I'd planned. A series which several of you dear readers were kind enough to help me brainstorm a name for. Only a funny thing happened on the way to writing that series, I got side tracked by three other series.

Sounds crazy, I know.


After all, I'd already plotted six novels and two novellas for that small town series. And I was in the midst of writing one book. Two others had already been started.

But then I hit a wall. I was stuck in the Book 1 story. The wall I hit felt monumental. Like the Great Wall of China. So I took a step back to clear my head and cycle through the story to figure out where I'd gone wrong. That led me to work on another book I'd shifted to that small-town series, but was originally planned as part of my Bad Boys Gone Good series.

Somethings about that book (more than 70% completed) and those characters didn't want to wait their turn. Nor did they want to play nice and be part of the small town series.

Point taken.
Stacked Up and Defying Time courtesy of Susana Fernandez.

So instead this book will be the launch of a different series. I won't reveal the name of the series or the book, just yet. But if you'd like to be among the first to learn the new series details (and have opportunities to win goodies like gift cards, free books and much, much more, be sure to sign up for my periodic newsletter here. I'm planning fun giveaways each month until the launch of the series in September.

Now, it's back to the grind. I'm finishing up revisions of the book so it can go to my beta readers within the next week.

If you're interested in joining a group of select beta readers, complete the beta reader application here.

Happy Reading!








Detour courtesy of spiicy tuna. Stacked Up and Defying Time courtesy of Susana Fernandez.

No comments:

Post a Comment