Hot Reads

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Airing Dirty Laundry

Pssst. Pssst. Come closer.

Sorry I’m whispering, but do you see that couple sitting behind me? Well… I’ve spent the last twenty minutes eavesdropping on their conversation.

Hee-hee!

I can’t help myself. Readers ask me all the time how do I come up with the material I write about, well, this is definitely one of them. There isn’t much these eyes and ears have missed, and then within seconds my mind's working overtime, spinning a story. I know you’re probably shaking your head, but you’d be surprise at the stuff people discuss in the airport when they think no one’s listening. Yeah, I know. I really should be minding my own business, but hey, it’s not my fault they’re airing their dirty laundry in public.

Anyway, getting back to the drama…

Now this couple has been dating for the last eight months, and are on their way to her best friend's wedding in Los Angeles. Well, apparently while waiting for their flight to depart, she discovered that Brett (the boyfriend), who was supposed to have been working late last week, wasn’t where he’d claimed to be. Oh yeah, and check this out …

The reason why she knows is because some chick tagged photos on his facebook page of them at a happy hour all hugged up in the corner.

Oh no she didn’t.

Yes, I’m afraid she did. You should have seen his face when she flashed the evidence in front of his face. Ever since, the heated whispers have had me on the edge of my seat. I’m serious. This story is so good all I need is a bag of popcorn and an iced cold Pepsi while I wait for the rest to unfold.

Now let me add that she’s a sista, petite, cute, and he looks like he could be a professional football player with all those muscles and sexy dark features. The chemistry is undeniable, yet so is the pain. Brett swears up and down things aren’t as they seem. While she (I still don’t know her name) seems seconds away from yanking that big ole diamond off her finger and flinging it across the airport.

Okay, so you can see where this story is going, right?

Well, as an author, the possibilities are endless. I could spin so many different storylines, especially since they are traveling to a storybook wedding. Imagine the tension and where the evenings (if he’s an alpha male) could lead. Hopefully between the sheets of a king size bed.

Oooh-weee!

What’s even more amazing is that if I decided to write about those two, they’ll have no idea they were the inspiration for my next short story.

Ahhhhhh. The day and the life of an author.

I am a story telling. Have been since I was a little girl spinning tales to get attention, and not much has changed except that the stories have become even more vivid and creative. I wake up every morning thanking God for giving me the ability to do what I do, because I couldn’t even imagine doing anything else.

When my friends say, don’t you dare tell Angie anything unless you want to read about it in a book.

Well, they aren’t lying.

Hee-Hee!

Angie Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment