Hot Reads

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hats Anyone?

Growing up I sometimes attended church with my grandmother. On Sunday mornings all the women strutted into the building styling and profiling. The one thing I admired most were the hats, especially my grandmother's. She had a hat to match just about every outfit she owned, and on Easter, oh my! Her hats were amazing. I had never felt bold enough to sport a hat because back then I thought it was something that only the old folks did.
My grandmother passed away several years ago and one of the few things of hers that I wanted was her hats. I didn’t want to be greedy so I picked out four of my favorites and put them away in a box with the plan to someday wear them.

On March 9th the authors of Hot M.A.M.A are putting on a  Fly Hat Society Luncheon in North Carolina, which will include authors such as me, Altonya Washington, Iris Bolling, Bridget Midway, just to name a few. It’s going to be an afternoon to remember! So grab a ticket and come on and enjoy the festivities.
I was on my way to the mall when I suddenly remembered my grandmother’s hats. I dug through every box in the closet until I located them. Now all I have to do is find a classy outfit to match. I plan on making my grandmother proud!
For more information, please read the sidebar and see the list of amazing authors and buy your ticket today. Seats are limited! I look forward to spending time getting to know everyone who attends.
And don’t forget your hat!


Angie Daniels
http://angiedaniels.com/
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment